No matter where you go, it’s likely that you’ll hear somebody gushing about Grey’s Anatomy the second they hear about your profession. While the show is a guilty pleasure for most of us, it makes the lives of medical professionals look downright glamorous. Of course, as a real-life member of the local medical field, you know that the reality is very different.
In the RGV, our nurses and support staff train and serve selflessly. We know that you work long hours and face situations we would deem impossible. Because of this, we’re aware that those in the medical field tend to experience a higher rate of burnout than people in other professions. However, what you do on a daily basis makes a world of difference. We encourage you not to lose sight of your impact!
Take A Breath
We know that creating life/work balance is hard. The long hours are often unavoidable. Stress and emotional drain are part of the package when peoples’ lives are in your hands. At Santa Anna Apartment homes in Weslaco, we’re highly aware of this fact and have an immense amount of respect for the individuals who have chosen to selflessly devote their time to the care of others. Here are three tips for avoiding professional burnout and improving your work life balance:
- Unplug– As if days crammed with patients, labs, and paperwork aren’t enough, professionals are now inundated with calls, texts, IM’s, emails, and notifications on their smart phones. Some days even if you leave work, there is no escape! If you are not on call, find a period of time to unplug. Savor the silence. Breathe. Meditate. Nap. Embrace a moment of peace.
- Exercise– Your body and mind are the tools with which you perform your very important job. Would your car run its best without maintenance, fuel and oil? Of course not! Our bodies need exercise as much as air, food and water. Unfortunately, as lives get busy, exercise is one of the first things to be pushed out. Find something that fits into your schedule and get your body moving, your blood pumping and your mind refocused. If you have an exercise facility available that’s ideal, if not, find a jogging/walking path or swim laps.
- Find Your Happy Place– Once you finally get to leave work, make sure that you have a sanctuary to retreat to. Even if you only get to be there a few hours a day, make your home, regardless of the size, your happy place. Surround yourself with colors that make you feel good. Light up some lavender candles and soak in a hot bath. Listen to your favorite tunes. Whatever will make you say “ahhhhh”.
Your Sanctuary in Weslaco Texas
If you are a medical professional looking for a new place to call home in the Rio Grande Valley, we’ve got you covered! Santa Anna Apartment Homes are the perfect place to live, play and relax.
We admire what you do for us, and we are more than happy to offer exclusive discounts on our luxury apartment homes to all medical professionals.
We value the hard work and service you provide for our community. On behalf of the Santa Anna Apartment homes, we thank you for your efforts in upholding standards of good health throughout the Rio Grande Valley and beyond. We invite you to unplug and enjoy the amenities of luxury apartment living:
- Close proximity to Weslaco schools
- Pet-friendly amenities: Bark Park and Pet Washing Station
- Residence features: outdoor cabana and fireplace
- Safe and secure living environment
- Spacious luxury floor-plans
- Lifestyle and fitness facilities
- 24-hour on-site customer service and maintenance
Luxury Apartment Living For Life / Work Balance
Santa Anna Apartment Homes in Weslaco offers a prime list of amenities for our residents to enjoy. We strive to go above and beyond exceptional apartment living with exclusive discounts for our tenants working in the educational and medical fields, as well as border patrol agents. We want to be your happy place!
Check out all of our amenities and samples of our floor-plans to see why Santa Anna Apartment Homes is the perfect community for you and your family. Call us today at 956.678.4444 to schedule an appointment or to inquire about one of our units.